7 November 2016

ILLUSTRATION: Coloring Books and Printables

Hi everyone!



It's been a while since I've blogged about art projects, and I can actually give a legit excuse for that. Most of the projects I've been working on were coloring books, so I had to keep things quiet until those actually went to print and on sale. (Spoiler: One's out! Yay!) Any other work was... scientific illustrations, complete with NDAs and not really blogging-appropriate aesthetics.

Fun times.
Luckily, Inktober came along to get me out of that nothing-to-show slump!

I'll do a full inktober recap once I've scanned every. single. thing. but for now, here's a focus on coloring pages I created during that month.

You can find free printable coloring cards at the end of this post, so scroll down if you'd like to try those.


But first, I wanted to introduce one of the coloring books I finished recently.

 Amazon Link
Coloring the cover was so much fun because COLORS. 
Created together with Author Francis Keene who came up with the idea of a farmers market themed coloring book, this is by far the cutest coloring book I've worked on! There's a total of 30 pages with illustrations ready for coloring, ranging from detailed looks at spices and teas to an entire market layout.

I can't really show you entire pages, so here's some close-ups!


There's book shops, antique shops...


DIY stalls with crafts ranging from pottery to woven rugs...



FOOD. EVERYWHERE.

Even a stall with Korean street food made it into the book!

I'm really happy with how this one turned out. If you'd like to get a copy of your own and look at the full images, you can order the coloring book "Whimsical Patterns - Farmers Market" on amazon.

I'd love to hear your opinion or see some colored pages!


If you'd like to start small with just single images, I've created two coloring cards you can print yourself:

One was a winter/autumn themed card. I like the idea of a season full of snow and pumpkin spice and soft cardigans, but then the reality of wet shoes, gray days and coldcoldcoldCOLD(!) hits.

The illustration thus shows winter how it should be.



It's a 12.5 cm x 18 cm (5x7 inches) format card that you can print on paper of your choice and color in. Have fun! :D

The second coloring card is all about National Novel Writing Month (which is going on right now and I'm procrastinating by blogging, but hey, I'm on track) - so books, more books and pretty writing utensils.


Same format as the winter card, but there's two options for you to choose from: A black-and-white version and a gray-and-white version. If you'd like to color in something with a softer look, give the gray lines a go.


These printable cards are only temporarily available for free here on the blog - I'll move them to Etsy in December since I want to start offering downloads over there.

Have fun coloring! If you've printed and colored one of these, I'd love to see a picture! Just mention it to me on Instagram (#evydraws or just directly @evydraws), Twitter as evyclocharde or over on Facebook evelynedraws.

My own colored versions will soon be back from the printer, so new textiles, stickers and hand mirrors are on their way!

Thank you for reading and I hope you like the cards and/or book! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment